Friday, August 04, 2006

“Turn, Turn, Turn” - A Negotiation Technique

Do you remember the rock band The Byrds and their 1965 number one hit Turn, Turn, Turn? How clever of them to introduce those lyrics as a negotiation technique!

Okay, not exactly! However, in Lisa Bracken’s article Turn Objections into Concessions and Adversaries into Advocates in Corporate Negotiations appearing in The Negotiator Magazine, we can see the application of the “negotiation turns” concept, frequently referred to as “reciprocity”.

The article “reveals the inherent complexity of the objection and examines ways in which you can work more cooperatively with your adversary in creating mutual accord.”

It is well-written, contains useful examples of how to implement the technique and is worth reading several times!

Oh, by the way, I thought I’d experiment by adding [from time to time] a picture to my posts. What do you think about that idea? Also, I'm trying a new font - how do you like it? Please let me know - thank you.

To email me, click
Perry S. Itkin.